Bilingual: Ilocano and Tagalog
- Renato Protacio was born and raised in the Philippines. He graduated from Dominican High School in the Philippines and attended University of Maryland and Central Texas College.
- Renato enlisted in the U.S. Navy at Subic Bay, Philippines in August 1976 and attended Naval Recruit Training Center San Diego, CA. His tours in the include:
- USS White Plains (AFS 4), Yokosuka, Japan (1976 – 1980)
- COMNAVFORJAPAN/PSD Yokosuka (1980 – 1984)
- USS Francisco Hammond (FF 1067) (1984 - 1987)
- USS Reeves (CG 24) (1987 -1988)
- PSD Port Hueneme, CA (1988 – 1990)
- USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) (1990 – 1992)
- Naval Mobile Construction Battation FOUR (1992 – 1994)
- USDAO U.S. Embassy Tokyo (1994 – 1999)
- Military Sealift Commander Far East (1999 – 2003)
- He returned to Camarillo, CA in 2004 and started business in real estate and in the sign industry. In 2014 he and his wife moved to Honolulu, HI, and is actively involved in numerous groups including: Veterans Treatment Court, Vietnam Veterans of America Oahu Chapter, Navy Mustang Association of Hawaii, and more. He also visits five senior nursing homes, Veterans Centers, Tripler Fisher House, Hawaii Army National Guard, Suicide Prevention Task Force at Schoffield Barracks, Young Marines of Kaneohe Marine Corps Base, and more.
- He is married to Nora Protacio and they have four children: Mark (40), Laurie (38), Norene (34), and Kristle (30). They have adopted a Shiba Inu puppy named Lokahi. Renato enjoys reading, meditating, racquetball and watching tennis.